⑴.Would you be kind enough to show me the way to the post office?请你告诉我去邮局的好吗？
⑵.It would be better for you not to stay up too late.你最好别熬夜到很晚。
⑴、May good luck be yours!祝你好运！
⑵、May you be happy!祝你快乐！
⑶、May you do even better!祝你取得更大成就！
⑷、May you have a good time. 祝愿你玩的痛快。
⑸、May the friendship between us last long. 祝愿我们的友情天长地久。
⑹、May you be happy. (注意那个be ) 祝你幸福。
(1).Long live the people! 人民！
(2).“God bless you,”said the priest.说：“愿你！”
(3).Have a good journey! 祝愿你旅途愉快！
(1).God save me．
(2).Heaven help us．
3.虚拟语气动词用一般现在时态(Simple Present)，如：work, be , go
(1). Work !
(2). Work harder !
(3). Be more alert ! (虚拟语气动词Be)
(4). You go out !
(5). Do not work so hard. (do not 表示否定的虚拟语气)
(6). Dont be afraid. (口语中常用dont 代替do not)
(1).You’d better set off now.你最好现在就出发。
(2).I’d rather not tell you the secret.我情愿不告诉你这个秘密。
1. I wish (that可省略,下同)I knew the answer to the question.
2. I wish it were spring in my hometown all the year around.
3. I wish I were a bird.(wish, were)但愿我是只小鸟。(事实上不可能)
4. When she was at the party,she wished she were at home.
5. Now that he is in China, he wishes he understood Chinese.(wishes,过去虚拟动词understood)
6. When we begin the trip, they will wish they were with us.(will wish,过去虚拟动词were)(事实上并不和我们在一起)
用wish表示对过去事情的遗憾。其句子结构为：宾语从句的谓语用过去完成时，或would, could, might+现在完成时。注意：wish这个单词的时态是很灵活的。例：
1. I wish (that可省略，下同)I hadnt wasted so much time.
2. He wishes he hadnt lost the chance. 他真希望没有失去机会。(其实已失去)
3. We wished he had spoken to us. (wished，had + spoken)(事实上他并没同我们讲)
4. I wish you had called earlier. (wish, had + called)(事实上已迟了)
5. They will wish they had listened to us sooner.
(will wish,had + listened)(事实上并不如此)
例题分析：I wish I ______ longer this morning, but I had to get up and come to class.
A. could have slept B. sleptC. might have slept D. have slept
解析：动词wish后面接从句，表达不可能实现或与事实相反的情况时，谓语动词要用虚拟语气，即用过去式（表示现在发生的动作）或过去完成式（表示过去发生的动作）。本题后半句谓语动词have用的是过去时had to get up and come, 所以前面要用过去完成时表示过去发生的动作。所以, 选项A)could have slept是答案。
从句动词would/should/could/might + 动词原形(时间上较后)
1. I wish it would stop raining.(虚拟动词would+动词原形stop)
2. I wish you would be quiet.(would + be)
3. You wished she would arrive the next day.(would + arrive)
4. I wish she would change her mind.(would + change)
5. He will wish we would join him the following week.(would + join)
1.如果将wish改为过去式wished, 其后that 从句中的动词形式不变。例如：
I wished I hadnt spent so much money.
2. 如果that 从句中用would , 一般表示对现状不满或希望未来有所改变或请求
I wish he would answer my letter.
I wish prices would come down.
I wish you would help me.
I wish you would stop asking silly questions.
1.The boy acted ____ he had never lived in Canada before.
A. as though B. even if C. as D. since
2. ____ to the doctor right away, he might have been alive.
A. If he went B. Were he gone C. Should he have gone D. Had he gone
3. If you were older, I ____ you to go there yesterday.
A. will allow B. should allow C. would have allowed D. had allowed
4. The secretary suggested that they ____ the men in at once.
A. had brought B. should have brought C. brought D. bring
5. I wish I ____ able to tell him all about it last night.
A. was B. were C. had been D. should be
6. If we ____ here ten minutes earlier, we ___ the bus.
A. arrived/would catch B. arrived/would have caught
C. had arrived/had caught D. had arrived/would have caught
7. If I ____ more time, I would have gone with him.
A. had B. had had C. have had D. would have
8. He was very busy yesterday, otherwise he ____ to the meeting.
A. would come B. came C. would have come D. had come
9. The Jade Emperor ordered that the Monkey King _____ right away.
A. would be arrested B. must be arrested C. be arrested D. had to be arrested
10. Jane’s uncle insisted ____ in this hotel any longer.
A. not staying B. not to stay C. that he not stay D. staying not
11. Don’t touch the sleeping tiger. If he woke up, he _____ you.
A. would come to B. would come at C. would have come toward D. will come to
12. Without electricity human life _____ quite different today.
A. is B. will be C. would have been D. would be
13. How I wish I ____ to repair the watch! I only made it worse.
A. had tried B. hadn’t tried C. have tried D. didn’t try
14. He demanded that the laboratory report ___ immediately after the experiment was done.
A. was written B. be written C. must be written D. would be written
15. The man insisted that he _____ there.
A. should send B. would be sent C. sent D. be sent
16. If he had not gone out in the storm _____.
A. he will be alive now B. he would be alive now
C. he would have been alive now
17. If it ___ tomorrow, what would we do?
A. rains B. were to rain C. would rain D. rain
18. It is required that you ____ at six.
A. will arrive B. arrive C. arrived D. would arrive
19. If only I _____ how to operate an electronic computer as you do.
A. had known B. would know C. should know D. knew
20. He spoke in a quiet, distinct voice, as though his thought _____.
A. was r away B. had been r away C. were r away D. went r away.
21. If it ___ rain, we ___ get wet.
A. is to, should B. were to, would
C. were going to, would D. was going to, should
22. If he ___ to the teacher attentively, he ___ the answer to the problem now.
A. had listened, would have known B. listened, would know
C. listened, would have known D. had listened, would know
23. But for the party, he ___ of hunger 30 years ago.
A. would have died B. would die C. must have died D. must die
24. ___ today, he would get there for holiday.
A. Was he leaving B. Were he to leave C. Would he leave D. If he leaves
25. I would have come earlier, but I ___ that you were waiting for me.
A. didn’t know B. hadn’t know C. would have known D. haven’t known
26. It’s high time that we ___ to school.
A. would to B. went C. go D. will go
27. It seems as if it ___ rain.
A. will to B. is going to C. is to D. were going to
28. I’d rather you ___ right away.
A. leave B. left C. will leave D. to leave
29. He is working hard for fear that he ___.
A. ils B. iled C. would il D. il
30. It is really strange that the girl ___ so early.
A. has been married B. has married C. be married D. would marry
31. Supposing I ___ this gift, what would he say?
A. accept B. accepted C. should accept D. would accept
32. The teacher agreed to the suggestion that the students ___ two weeks to prepare for the exam.
A. give B. should give C. be given D. would be given
33. I was busy yesterday, otherwise I ___ your birthday party.
A. attended B. had attended C. would attend D. would have attended
34. He insisted that he ___ me before.
A. see B. should see C. had seen D. saw
35. The two strangers talked as if they ___ friends for years.
A. were B. would be C. have been D. had been
36. We ___ our lives had it not been for the policeman.
A. would have lost B. should lose C. might lose D. could have lost
37. ---- I thought you would come back tomorrow.
---- I would if I ___ to attend a meeting.
A. don’t have B. didn’t have C. will not have D. would not have
38. He wishes ___ mistakes.
A. he doesn’t always make B. he isn’t always
C. he didn’t always make D. he wouldn’t always
39. It ___ very nice if only it were possible.
A. will be B. would be C. is D. were
40. Without your help, our team ___ the last match.
A. won’t win B. will lose C. wouldn’t have won D. can’t win
41. I wish I ___ what to do.
A. knew B. have known C. know D. would know
42. ___, I would take an umbrella with me.
A. Had I been you B. I were you C. Were I you D. I had been you
43. If I had hurried, I ___ the train.
A. would catch B. could catch C. would have caught D. had caught
44. He insisted that John ___ it.
A. do B. does C. did D. would do
45. It is high time we ___ off.
A. are B. were C. be D. will be
46. He felt as if he ___ more time to study for the test.
A. needs B. were needed C. needed D. need
47. It is important that I ___ with Mr. Williams immediately.
A. speak B. spoke C. will speak D. to speak
48. James wishes he ___ the football game instead of the film.
A. saw B. see C. had been seen D. had seen
49. I wish ___.
A. he left B. he leaves me alone C. he be left D. he would leave me alone
50. If I had known that, I ___ so.
A. wouldn’t do B. wouldn’t have done C. won’t do D. have not done
51. The doctor suggested that she ___.
A. will not smoke B. not smoke C. would not smoke D. did not smoke
52. If I ___ you, I wouldn’t return the call.
A. be B. am C. was D. were
53. You talk as if you ___ there.
A. were really B. has really been C. had really been D. would really be
54. He suggested that the work ___ at once.
A. would started B.would be started C.should started D. should be started
55. It is strange that such a thing ___ in your school.
A. will happen B. happens C. should happen D. happened
56. It is imperative that you ___ on time.
A. are B. will be C. be D. would be
57. I didn’t go to the party, but I do wish I ___ there.
A. was B. were C. had been D. went
58. It is time we ___ up our results.
A. sum B. summed C. will sum D. would sum
59. If the doctor had been available, the child ___.
A. would not die B. would not have died C. could not die D. could not have died
60. Dr. Bethune worked hard as if he ___.
A. never had felt tired B. had never felt tired
C. never felt tired D. was tired never
1.A 2. D 3. C 4. D 5. C 6. D 7. B 8. C 9. C 10. C
11. B 12. D 13. B 14. B 15. D 16. B 17. B 18. B 19. D 20. B
21.B 22. D 23. A 24. B 25. A 26. B 27. B 28. B 29. D 30. C
31. B 32. C 33. D 34. C 35. D 36. A 37. B 38. C 39. B 40. C
41. A 42. C 43. C 44. A 45. B 46. C 47. A 48. D 49. D 50. B
51. B 52. D 53. C 54. D 55. C 56. C 57. C 58. B 59. B 60.B
Unit 1 Art
1) 详细地 in detail
2) 集中精力 concentrate on
3) 对……的看法 attitude to/towards
4) 拥有 take possession of
5) 使某人信服 convince sb of/that
6) 巧合 by coincidence
7) 大量 a great deal (of)
8) 脱离、摆脱 break away from
9) 渴望 be eager for sth/ to do sth
10) 接受……为 accept … as…
11) 也就是说 that is (to say)
12) 尝试、 attempt to do
13) 本人 in the flesh
14) 一束鲜花 a bunch of flowers
15) 宁愿…而不愿…would rather do…than do…; prefer to do… rather than do…
16) 偏爱 have a preference for
17) 吸引、恳求 appeal to
18) 各种各样的 a variety of
It is evident that this is the last thing I want to do.
I’m convinced that I will embrace a bright future.
I would rather walk her to Shanghai Pudong International Airport myself.
It is amazing that he is always trying to make the world a better place to live.
Unit 2 Poems
1) 列举 make a list of
2) 给某人留下印象 leave/make an impression on sb
3) 传递某种感情 convey certain emotions
4) 表达自己的思想 express oneself
5) 有道理、有意义 make sense
6) 放松，不要紧张 take it easy
7) 用完，消耗光 run out (of sth)
8) 由……组成 be made up of/ consist of
9) 受……欢迎 be popular with
10) 把A翻译成B translate A into B
11) 尤其、特别 in particular
12) 从……中挑选 choose from
13) 值得 be worth + n / doing sth
14) 碰巧 by chance/ accident
15) 在……底端 at the bottom of
16) 测试；试验 try out
17) 发出； let out
There are various reasons why pop stars are popular with young people.
The beauty of the West Lake in Hangzhou has left a good impression on me.
If you want to buy a dictionary, there are many to choose from.
Unit 3 A healthy life
1) 在压力下 under stress
2) 与……分享 share … with…
3) 对……挑剔 be particular about
4) 在两周之后 in two weeks time
5) 由于 due to
6) 放弃 give up
7) 对……上瘾 be addicted to sth/ doing
8) 习惯于 be accustomed to sth/ doing
9) 脾气暴躁的 bad-tempered
10) 重复；一再 over and over again
11) 对……产生影响 have effect on
12) 损坏； do damage to
13) 停止做某事 quit doing
14) 决定；选定 decide on
15) 从……中获益 benefit from
16) 扔掉 throw away
17) 想要（做） feel like sth/ doing
18) 提醒某人做 remind sb of sth/ to do/that
19) 代替 instead of
20) 不管；不顾 in spite of
21) 冒险 take risks
22) 养成做某事的习惯 get into the habit of
23) 与病魔作斗争 fight disease
24) 患上艾滋病 develop AIDS
25) 感染 get infected with
26) 可能…… It is likely that; be likely to do
27) 对……紧张 be nervous about
It seems amazing that at my age I am still fit.
2） 你发现要放弃吸烟很困难。(find it …)
You find it difficult to give up smoking.
3） 我不知道你是谁，我也不在乎。(neither do I…)
I don’t know who you are and neither do I care.
I want you to live as happy a life as I have.
5） 每次你想放弃的时候，提醒你自己你周围的人们都在关心着你。(every time…)
Every time you feel like giving up, remind yourself that the people around you are concerned about you.
6） 覆水难收。(It is no good/use…)
It is no good crying over spilt milk.
It’s likely that you will die if you get infected with HIV.
Unit 4 Global warming
1) 全球气候变暖 global warming
2) 依赖 depend on
3) 比作/比较 compare…to…
4) 发生 come about
5) 人类活动 human activity
6) 赞同；订购 subscribe to
7) 温室效应 greenhouse effect
8) 大量的 a quantity of/quantities of
9) 上升 go up
10) 导致 result in
11) 反对 be opposed to
12) 积累；建立 build up
13) 即使 even if
14) 继续做 keep on doing
15) 扫视；撇一下 glance at
16) 大体上 on the whole
17) 代表 on behalf of
18) 提倡（做……） advocate + n/doing/that
19) 产生影响；起作用make a difference to…
20) put up with
21) ……的结果 as a result of
22) 开始做某事 get started with
23) 电气设备 electrical appliances
24) 只要 so/as long as
25) 对……随意 be casual about
26) 等等 and so on
27) 使某人振作 refresh one’s spirit
28) 你的贡献很有价值 Your contribution counts.
Compared to/with his work, hers is much better.
2） 毫不疑问，引起全球变暖的是人类的活动。(it is … that…)
There is no doubt that it is human activity that has caused the global warming.
3） 我代表我的学校向从欧洲远道而来的各位表示热烈的欢迎。(on behalf of)
On behalf of my school, I’d like to extend my warm welcome to all of you coming all the way from Europe.
4） 每个人都可以对这个世界产生巨大的影响。(make a difference)
Every individual can make a big difference to the whole world.
Every second counts.
Unit 5 The power of nature
1) 考虑做……；被认为……consider doing; be considered to be/ to have done
2) ……免受…… protect … from…
3) 想象做…… imagine doing
4) 适合 be suitable for
5) 也；和 as well as
6) 组成make up
7) 遍及全世界 all over the world
8) 科学设备 scientific equipment
9) 被任命为…… be appointed as
10) 被……覆盖 be covered with
11) 全部 burn…to the ground
12) 睡得很熟 be st asleep
13) 正要做…这时…be about to do…when…
14) 亮如白昼 as bright as day
15) 在远处 in the distance
16) 前往 make one’s way to …
17) 对……怀着热情 be enthusiastic about
18) 对……感到惊讶 be amazed at
19) 使某吃一惊 take sb by surprise
20) 匆匆看一遍glance through
21) 自然区 nature reserve
22) 由……到……不等 vary from…to…
23) 是……的家乡/发源地be home to
24) 多种多样的 a great diversity of
25) 生小孩；引起 give birth to
26) 有……的天赋 have a gift for sth
He is considered to have invented the first computer.
2） 在完成了我的家庭作业之后，我前往了当地的自然区。(Having done…)
Having finished my homework, I made my way to the local nature reserve.
3） 昨天我正要送女儿去幼儿园，这时我的一个朋友顺道来看我了。(be about to…when…)
Yesterday I was about to walk my daughter to the kindergarten when my friend dropped in on me.
It’s certain that they will subscribe to my view.
They will certain to subscribe to my view.
Feeling exhausted, he went to bed as soon as he got home.